Dear Readers,

This is a blog for all, not just Nazareth so I feel the need to say what this blog is about. We, the students and alumni of Nazareth Academy, are losing our school, our home, our Alma Mater and joining with our rival school Aquinas. Here is my view, the view of a Nazareth student. Enjoy!

~Miss Naz~

Sunday, June 6, 2010

New Uniforms?

So if you have been reading my blog, you will remember my post, Naz Girls, where I said, “Being a Naz girl means having the confidence to walk up to anyone wearing a Nazareth shirt, no matter where you are, and starting a conversation.” Well, the other day I had yet another experience of this.


After school, I made a quick stop at a store pretty far from Nazareth. While I was waiting in the check-out line, the cashier saw my uniform and asked, “What year?” After I told her what class I'm in, she started asking me if I knew a family member of hers that went there. That’s what I always look forward to! But you know, there is a little problem. How are these people going to recognize us next year? Well...I mean by other than our amazing personalities and dashing great looks, of course!


Next year, we will be wearing our new schools uniforms (unless, of course, your new school is letting Nazareth students wear the Naz uniforms.) Honestly, I don’t know if I like that or not yet. I think it will be hard next year to wear a shirt that says “Aquinas” or “Bishop Kearney” on the front without dying a little inside every time we see ourselves wearing one. I mean, don’t get me wrong. To all of you AQ and BK people out there: It's not that I hate the uniforms...it's just that after so many years of being filled with Nazareth pride, I think we can all agree it would hurt terribly to become anything else.


Of course, there are many more questions traveling around Nazareth right now. Do the juniors really have to buy all new uniforms for just one year? Are their uniforms even as comfy as the Nazareth uniforms? Can't I wear sneakers any more? Does AQ even have a uniform, or do they just raid JCPenney?


Well last week I asked the question: "Do you think we should have a say from Aquinas students more often?" And since two of you said yes and you were the only voters (Come on people! Show a little support here! Tell your friends!), AQ Girl and I came to an agreement. Now, we figured since the schools are “merging,” (HA! Yeah right...merging. I laugh every time I hear that!) we would NOT want a merge on the blogs. So we decided to have two separate blogs: one for AQ and one for Naz. From now on, every story I write will be complimented by a similar one on the AQ blog (Always Strive for that Which We Were Made). So, to hear AQ Girl's ideas on Nazareth getting new uniforms, head on over to her blog now!


See you next week on SOS and please read, comment, vote on polls, make a sound, wave a flag, light a flare, do any thing! Let me know you are reading and send me some ideas! Actually… don’t light a flare. I love you guys, but I really don’t want to see you on the news tonight…


~Miss Naz~

No comments:

Post a Comment