Dear Readers,

This is a blog for all, not just Nazareth so I feel the need to say what this blog is about. We, the students and alumni of Nazareth Academy, are losing our school, our home, our Alma Mater and joining with our rival school Aquinas. Here is my view, the view of a Nazareth student. Enjoy!

~Miss Naz~

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Interview with AQ Girl

So we have heard the Nazareth side of all of this, we know the Nazareth worries and concerns, and I think its time for some answers. We have heard them answered before, sure, but how can we know they are honest if the students answering them are surrounded by AQ teachers? Well, now we have a way for them to be honest, by holding an anonymous interview with one of the AQ students. If you read the comments, you have heard from her before, so here is AQ Girl to answer some of the concerns I have heard:


1) Do you think it’s going to be hard for the schools to adjust (not just AQ but BK, Mercy, all of the schools)?

- Oh, the difficulty in changing schools (especially in your senior year) is inevitable. I always say that there are people who try to make it easier for all of you, but I never refer to it as an easy process. I would hate to leave AQ before graduating. In terms of the schools accepting the Naz girls, I think it really depends on the person. For me, it'll be really easy to adjust because I'm so close with a few of the Naz girls and I appreciate Nazareth so much that I'm willing to make room for the new girls. However, there are people who aren't familiar with Naz girls, so they resent it a little. I think they'll realize that the girls really mean no harm and they'll get used to them. Hopefully, more friendships will be made!

2)
Do you think that with all of the new students coming over, that it will be really crowded in the school?

- For those who aren't familiar with many Naz girls, it might be more difficult for them, and they might feel as if more people are just taking up more space. However, AQ had 1200 students in the late 90s. This is when we lacked the Art Center, Student Union, and New Gym. Judging by those facts, I think it won't be that difficult to move around! I know the Naz girls are used to having room to do cartwheels on their way to class. It honestly won't be like that. I came from a middle school of a student count comparable to Naz's, so I think it just takes a certain finesse that you build over your first few weeks with us.

3)
Also again tell me honestly, do you think that the Aquinas students are happy to have the Nazareth students?

- Nobody really seems angry about the Naz girls. The only people who seem to have negative feelings are people who dread certain Naz girls they've had a falling-out with in the past (and you know there are certain girls like that, at both AQ and Naz). At first, it was really shocking to some people. However, we've gotten used to getting more students in our family. Naz Girls will be a great addition.

4)
Do you think the Nazareth students will be treated the same as the Aquinas students, both in sports and in the classroom?

- I am sure you girls are gonna be able to play on the normal AQ teams. I think it's the teachers' jobs to treat us all equally, and if they don't, they shouldn't be teachers at all.

5)
How did you find out about Nazareth closing and how did you feel?

- I was at the "surprise assembly" with most of the other AQ students. I wasn't expecting it at all and yes, I was shocked. But on the other hand, I was really happy because I knew I'd have a few of my closest friends who I was missing back in my everyday life.

6)
What do you think is the biggest difference between Aquinas and Nazareth? Do you think Aquinas girls and Nazareth girls are different?

- I think the biggest difference between AQ and Naz is definitely the number of students. That's pretty obvious, though. Otherwise, the dress code is very different. I've gotten used to dressing as if I'm going on a job interview every day, but I think it WOULD be awesome to wear sneakers in the halls. Who knows...with the Naz Girls, we might be able to make it happen someday at AQ. *winkwinknudgenudge!*


So there it is! An interview with an Aquinas girl with no one around to possibly change the answers.


These were just some of the questions or statements I have heard during these past few months, and I am sure there are many more. If you have a question for AQ Girl, leave it in the comments or email it to me (again my email is found on my Blogger Profile) and I will give it to AQ Girl so she can answer it in my next post!


~Miss Naz~

No comments:

Post a Comment