Dear Readers,

This is a blog for all, not just Nazareth so I feel the need to say what this blog is about. We, the students and alumni of Nazareth Academy, are losing our school, our home, our Alma Mater and joining with our rival school Aquinas. Here is my view, the view of a Nazareth student. Enjoy!

~Miss Naz~

Friday, June 25, 2010

Ideas on Change

So while I was sitting around brainstorming ideas for my next blog post this week, I was talking with AQ Girl on Facebook. She told me that she had just taken a personality quiz that she thought was very accurate. (Yes, hang on. This does have something to do with Nazareth.) She sent me the link and I took the quiz. The results told me that I “embrace change when it is necessary while still resisting it when you think it is not.” Of course I naturally started to think about Nazareth.


First of all I have to ask the question, “Is this change necessary?” Does a school, that has so many supportive alumni and students have to close? Of course not! Yes I will agree that maybe our school was tight for money, but do we give up the second that little red line on the profits chart starts to go down? Of course not! If we had done that years ago, we might still have been stuck in the Great Depression! (OK maybe not…. But you get my idea!)


But in some ways yes, change is necessary. Our school closed, and apparently we didn’t get any say in it. Now it’s happening, has happened actually. At this point, it doesn’t look like we can reopen the school for next year (although you never know about future years.) In this way, yes, change is necessary. There is no way any of us can go back to Nazareth Academy next year with the same building, same students, same teachers. Change is necessary.


So yes I will embrace the change when I switch to AQ, maybe make some new friends. However I do resist the idea that Nazareth Academy is gone because it is not gone! I also hope that one day Nazareth Academy will reopen where it belongs, at 1001 Lake Avenue.


So this week I leave you with the words of advice that my Freshman self wrote to my Senior self in the letters we all wrote on the first day of high school: Remember this your last year. Do your best to get through.


~Miss Naz~

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I hate it that we have to change schools. We could have done a lot to save the school but now we have to make the best of it.

    I like your blog :D

    ReplyDelete