Dear Readers,

This is a blog for all, not just Nazareth so I feel the need to say what this blog is about. We, the students and alumni of Nazareth Academy, are losing our school, our home, our Alma Mater and joining with our rival school Aquinas. Here is my view, the view of a Nazareth student. Enjoy!

~Miss Naz~

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Can't we just get along?

Things are still going pretty well. I've noticed a few things about AQ though. I would call it a "movie high school." Everyday I'm there, I feel like I'm on the set of some high school drama movie. You've got homecoming dances, floats, football team heros, mean girls, and of course the students who almost seem to "rule the school." It's pretty crazy.
But I will admit, I'm having some fun.
Whats bothering me this week though is this. "Why do the Naz girls get to have a breakfast? The original AQ kids should get something!" I'm sure many of the students reading this have heard that around the school many times. And you know I'm kind of split on that.
I have to say that the Naz girls do deserve something. I mean we lost our school, teachers, friends, and senior year, and they are complaining that we shouldn't get a free bagel? That it's unfair? Honestly, that is just pure jealousy.
Now I'm not going to sit here and just criticize the AQ students because honestly I think there may be something to what they are saying. We have to remember that we aren't the only ones who lost something. The AQ students have to put up with all the new transfer students in their school during their senior year too. I agree, they do deserve something. We all do, but that doesn't mean we should be giving each other dirty looks and insulting each other this whole year. If we do, it's going to be a really miserable year for both AQ and Naz students.
~Miss Naz~

No comments:

Post a Comment