Dear Readers,

This is a blog for all, not just Nazareth so I feel the need to say what this blog is about. We, the students and alumni of Nazareth Academy, are losing our school, our home, our Alma Mater and joining with our rival school Aquinas. Here is my view, the view of a Nazareth student. Enjoy!

~Miss Naz~

Saturday, September 25, 2010

First the sign, now this?

Second full week of school! And you know I have to say it’s not too horrible, you know now that I’m not completely lost.


But I don’t want to talk about AQ today. I want to talk about Nazareth. Well actually I want to talk about the front of Nazareth, aka, what’s up with the fence?


I actually saw the fence for the first time this week but I had heard about it before. People told me that it doesn’t go all the way back to the building. So when I saw it for the first time, I expected to see this ugly fence that went back to the front walk right outside the door. Instead I see a pointless wall of iron that only goes back a few feet. I’m pretty sure that any 5-year-old could figure out how to walk around if they really want to get to the other side. Also I have seen someone get a gutter ball while bowling…. while the bumpers were up. If someone can do that, I’m sure someone else could get a ball around a fence.


A lot of people have been saying “oh the fence is for safety. They don’t want kids to run into the road.” I get that. And yes it is important that they are safe. But it kind of hurts to see your school fenced up, even if the fence doesn’t go all the way around.


~Miss Naz~

No comments:

Post a Comment