Dear Readers,

This is a blog for all, not just Nazareth so I feel the need to say what this blog is about. We, the students and alumni of Nazareth Academy, are losing our school, our home, our Alma Mater and joining with our rival school Aquinas. Here is my view, the view of a Nazareth student. Enjoy!

~Miss Naz~

Friday, April 23, 2010

The tradition that is Nazareth!

Well some of you may have noticed that I put up a question on the blog. (look to the right!) Thank you to the two who voted last week and I’m so glad you love the blog! Don’t forget to vote again this week!


So how is everyone enjoying their spring break? I am loving mine! And you know over break I was talking to some people about Nazareth. (note these people do NOT go to Nazareth, as I’m sure you could figure out during the conversation) I mentioned how I will miss all of the people and I will also miss the building. They told me “What because you’re not going to be in a building next year? It’s just a building, what makes that one so special?”


History. And no, I don’t mean the history classes. I mean the history of the building, which is very evident. While a friend of mine from AQ was looking through some Nazareth pictures from the sixties, she said “Wow! These are the same seats that are still in the auditorium!”


Nothing has changed in Nazareth! And while some may see that as boring, I see it as preservation! I mean would we walk into a national park, see one of the long houses and say “Yeah it’s good,…. But lets add a room!” No! Some things are just meant to stay the way they are. I believe the Nazareth building is one of those things. Tradition is something you do not break, especially family traditions, and walking in the history of Nazareth Academy is the Nazareth family tradition.


~Miss Naz~

1 comment:

  1. I don't like the idea of upsizing everything. I like AQ but I think that's a problem. Everything is constantly renovated but when I visited Naz, I thought it looked exactly like it should.

    AQ Girl

    ReplyDelete