Dear Readers,

This is a blog for all, not just Nazareth so I feel the need to say what this blog is about. We, the students and alumni of Nazareth Academy, are losing our school, our home, our Alma Mater and joining with our rival school Aquinas. Here is my view, the view of a Nazareth student. Enjoy!

~Miss Naz~

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Good Luck to Our Teachers!

Yesterday was a very sad day for many Nazareth students. I would like to say congratulations to Mrs. Ziewers who found a new job in Buffalo… starting Monday. We will all miss you Mrs. Z and we are so sad that you could not finish the school year with us. But we do wish you good luck!


Also good luck to all of the other teachers who have found new jobs! Mr. Hendrick, Nazareth Academy’s AWESOME Physics teacher has found a job at Mercy! Also, the coaches, Coach Belmont and Vice Principal Mr. McKee, and also Mr. Miller, our chorus director, have all found jobs at Bishop Kearney.


I was actually pretty sad when I first found out and it was a little hard to be happy at the time. Since I am going to Aquinas, it’s sad when I hear that a teacher is going to a different school.


Which also brings up this question: Are any teachers going to Aquinas? I mean I am happy for teachers that have found jobs at other schools, but since this is a “merge” with Aquinas, why hasn’t any teachers been offered jobs there yet?


So here are the stats so far: Bishop Kearney: 3, Mercy: 1, Aquinas: 0.


I personally am a little nervous that so far this “merge” has brought no teachers. If you are student going to Aquinas next year, tell me what you think about this. Also if you have heard that any teachers are going to Aquinas next year, mention that too.


Congrats to all of the teachers who have found jobs again! We hope you like the new school as much as Nazareth! And Mrs. Z, good luck Monday, we are all praying for you!


~Miss Naz~

2 comments:

  1. From what I have heard, Ms. Schlichter and Ms. Schillaci will be at AQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard that too! But I still don't know if it is true. I heard from one of the dancers at Nazareth that the dance program is staying at Nazareth and not going over to Aquinas sadly.

    So at this point I am not sure. :( Sorry. But yes you are not the only one who has heard that.

    Thank you for your comment!
    ~Miss Naz~

    ReplyDelete