Dear Readers,

This is a blog for all, not just Nazareth so I feel the need to say what this blog is about. We, the students and alumni of Nazareth Academy, are losing our school, our home, our Alma Mater and joining with our rival school Aquinas. Here is my view, the view of a Nazareth student. Enjoy!

~Miss Naz~

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Wonderful Memories

Two weeks ago, I was given the idea, from one of my readers, to find ways to make this year great and think about some great memories.


I had to think for a long time about this! I have so many amazing memories at Nazareth but I wanted to pick one that was really special to me. So here is my favorite memory of Nazareth:


It’s the first day at a brand new school. I was coming from a pretty rough school (which I will not name since they have nothing to do with Nazareth.) When I left that school I was beginning to think, “Was it just the school? Or will I never make any friends?” I tried to shove away the fear of being rejected at yet another school and walked into Nazareth. I was identified as the new kid immediately. One of the students looked at me and I was terrified as they walked over.


Later at lunch time I thought my new Nazareth friends were going to drag me by the heels and chain me to the table if I did not come and eat lunch with them.


I think my favorite part of the whole day was when I was at home and I was thinking back to how terrified I was at the beginning of the day, but by the end of the day I had found the number one school for me. I also think that if I knew what I know now, that the school was going to close, I would have still gone to Nazareth. I would have started looking for another school sooner than I did, but I still would have gone.


I also agree that we need to make this year great, and after wandering around the school this past week and talking to a few of my friends, I found out some interesting things on our schools publications.


Number one, I found that we are having a double issue of the Gabriel. Also, the Spectrum will be much larger this year and as most of us know, they are really trying to get everyone in it this year. No news yet on the year book though.


If you went to Nazareth, please share your favorite memory of the school in the comments!


Thank you for reading SOS! Also a special thank you to the reader who suggested the topic for this week!


See you next week on SOS!

~Miss Naz~

No comments:

Post a Comment