Dear Readers,

This is a blog for all, not just Nazareth so I feel the need to say what this blog is about. We, the students and alumni of Nazareth Academy, are losing our school, our home, our Alma Mater and joining with our rival school Aquinas. Here is my view, the view of a Nazareth student. Enjoy!

~Miss Naz~

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Which school should I go to?

To be honest, I did not shadow Mercy. Not because I did not want to go there, but because I live pretty far away from Mercy.

Now that I have said that, let me say that when I talk about Aquinas and Bishop Kearney, these are my personal OPINIONS of what I saw at the schools. Please don’t hate me if you disagree.

First I will talk about BK since I shadowed there first. Just like Nazareth, BK has the 80-minute periods that we are all used to. Also when I went there I saw many people I knew! The people I knew were pretty welcoming and we were able to talk again.

Later I shadowed AQ. Aquinas was pretty fun. Everyone I met was very welcoming, although the shorter classes were hard to get used to. After my fifth class that morning, I felt like I had gone through two school days, even thought it was still before lunch time.

And now I have to decide. Well not now, I obviously already made my choice, but anyways. So did anyone notice when I was writing about BK, I said that the people I KNEW were pretty welcoming? (It’s ok, I’ll wait while you look.) I did not mention the people I did not know. At BK, there were only a few I talked to who I could really see myself going to school with. Did anyone else notice this or was it just me?

But, like I said before, I was honestly welcomed at Aquinas.

So then it comes down to this question: Would I rather go to a school that is honestly welcoming me and I feel comfortable at, or the one that I feel a little nervous at?

DUH! Of course I’m choosing Aquinas! On top of not only having nice students, their classes are very similar to Nazareth classes. Aquinas classes are right on track with Nazareth classes and some of them were even challenging. (I don’t speak French!)

Maybe BK is the school for you, maybe not. Tell me what you think in the comments. For me, Nazareth will always be the school for me, but Aquinas is a close second.

~Miss Naz~

No comments:

Post a Comment