Dear Readers,

This is a blog for all, not just Nazareth so I feel the need to say what this blog is about. We, the students and alumni of Nazareth Academy, are losing our school, our home, our Alma Mater and joining with our rival school Aquinas. Here is my view, the view of a Nazareth student. Enjoy!

~Miss Naz~

Friday, February 19, 2010

Change

Today, while reading through the comments again (I have comments!!!!) I noticed they were about change and tradition. This got me thinking, “How much is going to change next year?”

Sure so much is going to be different next year. Everything from taking regents to sitting in classes with boys (YIKES!) We also have to learn where everything is in this new school. For the juniors, they have to go to a new school for just one year.

I know we are losing many things and trust me, I’m not happy about it either. But when you think about it, we really aren’t starting over COMPLETELY. Most of us will be going to a new school with a good number of other Naz students. I like to believe that we are all going through the exact same thing and we WILL get through it.

I truly wish and pray that our school would stay open but at this point its not and we all, sadly, do have to pick a new school for the rest of our high school years.

Might as well make the best of it.

~Miss Naz~

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Hang in there, Naz Girl. I've been an AQ Girl for 3 years so far and I know that the school seems unnavigable sometimes. Fun fact: the first time I went to the AQ Family Pasta Dinner during 8th grade, I actually got lost! But the recruitment crew is really nice and they'll help you assimilate and they'll pretty much give you everything you need to succeed at Aquinas. I know this is still really difficult for you but the least of your worries should be finding your way at AQ! It seems really bad now, but it'll be better the more you spend time around the place and get to know the people. Just kick back right now and cherish the Naz memories and keep creating them as much as you can!

    Love,

    AQ Girl

    ReplyDelete