Dear Readers,

This is a blog for all, not just Nazareth so I feel the need to say what this blog is about. We, the students and alumni of Nazareth Academy, are losing our school, our home, our Alma Mater and joining with our rival school Aquinas. Here is my view, the view of a Nazareth student. Enjoy!

~Miss Naz~

Saturday, November 20, 2010

This post is for Sister Snappy

Yes! Just two more school days and it's time for break! Yay!
So this week I was cleaning my room and I found one of the lit books from Naz. In it was a poem that Sister Snappy had written. I loved it so much when I read it that I had to share it:

Outside traffic flowed
cars raced
Business as usual
Where did they go?

Down the avenue
I have traveled
Gotten in the lane
Only a block or two to go

Then up a hill
There it was
An old worn building
Character filled

My dear Nazareth
Home sweet space
Not just some bricks
But a living place

Where spirit rang
Tradition was alive
Where honor sang
And students thrived

Twenty years have passed
Hundreds of mornings
Out to meet the day
Headed to dear Nazareth

Old walls and halls
That echo a history
Worn floor boards
And cracked marble

Girls who chattered
Computers that flickered
Teachers dedicated
To all that mattered

It all began in '71
Eighteen that is
White gowns and roses one last time
God bless my school forever mine.


All credit to Sister Snappy.
~Miss Naz~

No comments:

Post a Comment