Dear Readers,

This is a blog for all, not just Nazareth so I feel the need to say what this blog is about. We, the students and alumni of Nazareth Academy, are losing our school, our home, our Alma Mater and joining with our rival school Aquinas. Here is my view, the view of a Nazareth student. Enjoy!

~Miss Naz~

Sunday, November 28, 2010

This is a Catholic school!?

Hey! I hope all of you are enjoying your break! I am! Sadly it's the last day.
So you remember when I wrote earlier about the "Religion classes being put to good use." Well I have noticed other parts of the school where you can hardly believe you are in a Catholic school. In English class we are now watching V for Vendetta. While it maybe a slightly entertaining movie, I highly doubt that watching a movie that depicts a Catholic priest trying to have sex with a young girl is inappropriate in this setting. For a Catholic school that is trying to teach us God's values, I feel that they have failed.
P.S: The movie has nothing to do with any thing we are learning about at the present. It was so we could take a break from reading.
~Miss Naz~

No comments:

Post a Comment